Which countries and cities have you personally visited?
- Europe: UK, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Luxembourg, San Remo, Vatican City.
- Middle East: Egypt, Israel.
- Caribbean: Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire, Curacao, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Central America & Mexico: Belize, Costa Rica, Mexico: Cabo San Lucas/San Jose del Cabo, Cancun, Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen/Tulum, Mexico City, Manzanillo/Costa Careyes.
- North America: California, New York, New Mexico, Nevada, Florida, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Minnesota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, New Jersey.
- Hawaii: Maui, Kauai, Hawaii, The Big Island, Oahu.
- Canada: British Columbia, Ontario, Quebec.
- South Pacific: Australia, Fiji.
What credentials do you have?
- Travel+Leisure Magazine: The A-List. The A-List All-Stars (2004). The World's 8 Top Travel Consultants.
- Travel+Leisure Magazine: The A-List 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012: The World's Top Travel Advisors.
- Travel Age West Magazine: The Best Of The West: 'The Innovators.'
- Virtuoso Travel Consultant Affiliate: Virtuoso travel agencies are the top 1% of travel agencies.
- Frosch Travel Group Affiliate.
- Over 35 years of continuous, international travel consulting expertise.
- DS -- Destination Specialist.
- LS -- Luxury Travel Lifestyle Specialist and LGBTQ+/Gay & Lesbian Lifestyle Specialist.
- Luxury Travel Expo & Home Based Travel Expo -- Speaker, Panelist & Educator.
- Social Media Expert & Professional Speaker.
- RMP -- Registered Meeting Planner.
How can we consult with you?
We are available at a time and place that is convenient to your schedule, even before or after normal business hours. This can be accomplished by telephone, e-mail or appointment in our office or another location.
What are your professional fees?
Our fees vary depending on the type of counseling and service the client desires. We jointly determine this in the initial, complimentary consultation after carefully listening to your needs, wants and desires then we suggest an action plan.
My wife and I contacted John in early March in preparation for our late October-early November honeymoon. Prior to contacting John, we had decided on a European honeymoon focusing on wine regions in Italy and Spain. I immediately felt John was an expert in this area. He offered extremely competent advice with regard to airlines, hotels, transportation, dining, shopping, tours, activities etc. He took the time, early in the process to get a feel for our "style". Needless to say, he matched our style perfectly in every city. We never felt, "upsold" or rushed in any decision we made. We were given a variety of choices and supporting information to aid us in making final decisions. He provided us web site links and reviews of every Hotel we were interested in. We found this very helpful, as my wife and I were very busy, both personally and professionally. I found his level of communication to be superior! John even managed to co-ordinate a four day "European deviation" to the Caribbean. This was a last minute decision my wife and I made in order to add some tropical relaxation at the tail end of our honeymoon. Prior to our wedding, John sent us an extremely comprehensive, itinerary. This was bound and contained important additional information such as country overviews, travel tips, maps, points of interest, local phone numbers to name just a few. We often said to one another while on our honeymoon, "Lets check John's book." While on the honeymoon, we found that every hotel seem to know, prior to check in, that we were a "special" couple on our honeymoon. We were treated like VIP's wherever we went. The VIP treatment included complimentary champagne, upgraded rooms etc. It was obvious John went the extra mile to make this happen on our behalf.
SR VP Union Banc Investments
San Diego, CA
I recently had the opportunity to travel to the Mediterranean for the first time and fortunately for me, I booked my travel plans through one of your A-List Travel Agents here in San Diego (John Clifford of International TraveI Management). I was delighted by his choice of places to see and visit, but was especially happy with the accommodations he recommended. I have traveled to many other parts of the globe, but was pretty much overwhelmed by the hotels he booked for me to stay at. The Omm in Barcelona was, hands-down, the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in (the staff, food, design, bed...all were over-the-top), it was actually hard to leave there. As an architect practicing here in California, I felt John took the time to tailor the sites and stays for my visit to my particular tastes. He was incredibly accommodating, when I mistakenly arrived at the airport for my month long holiday one day too late and he had to rebook everything again basically from scratch. Never having used a travel agent before to book any vacations or for my business plans, I now realize what I've been missing out of by not using his valuable services. I appreciate you acknowledging him as an A-List Agent, as that in itself helped me choose someone I can now trust for booking any and all future travel plans. A great experience overall.
La Jolla, California
I just wanted to write and let you know what a wonderful experience I had with my boyfriend in Peru. My goal is to get to all sven continents before I turn 40, and now with South America checked off the list I only have two more to go (Australia and Antarctica). The one person who has been with me through all of my travels has been John Clifford, my travel agent. You know, boyfriends can change quite easily these days. John has become a friend through all of my experiences, and over the years has taken the time to get to know (and remember) my likes and dislikes. He asks the right questions so that quality and price are of no surprise when I am either climbing Machu Picchu or the Great Wall of China. He sends itineraries in a timely fashion and repeatedly checks with us on even the smallest of details. I prefer going through travel groups and he always finds age appropriate (I'm 36), reputable, reliable, and fun groups to travel with. I appreciate John's time and effort in making my trips enjoyable and his professionalism is to be commended.
I first had the opportunity to experience John Clifford¹s services secondhand through my husband while he was employed through the US Customs Dept. His employment required him to travel extensively. I was always amazed that he never seemed to get stuck places and always had top-notch service from his travel agent, John Clifford. For the past eight years we have used John Clifford and ITM exclusively for travel. He is organized, efficient, extremely competent, and has an excellent rapport with people. Because of these skills his ability to secure the impossible is a true work of art. This past year I had the luxury of doing some personal travel, and once again, John was on top of everything. His knowledge, tenacity and sheer love of his job makes our travel not only stress free, but pleasurable. In summary, I highly recommend John Clifford at International Travel Management. In this day and age of the Internet, personal and quality service is a rarity.
CEO - Military Press